Thursday, July 18, 2013

Bone Marrow Donation Registry - Free & Easy to Register!


I know that this blog is about deals and coupons, but recently a very sad story caught my eye on the news. It was about an 11 month old boy who has cancer and needs a bone marrow transplant as well as platelet and blood donations. As a mother and a human being, this touched my heart to the core and made me question why this is happening to such an innocent, sweet boy. While I'm not personally eligible to donate bone marrow, I am going to try as hard as I can to get the word out to help save lives.

Joining the Be the Match registry is easy - just answer the questions and they will send you a kit in the mail. All you need to do is swab your cheek and send it back in a prepaid envelope. How easy is that? If you are selected to be a donor, the whole process is paid for either by Be the Match or the recipients insurance. All you donate is time and marrow.

Please, I urge you to join this registry and/or donate blood. Locate your local blood donation center or mobile drive. Help someone like little Jayce today.

No comments:

Post a Comment