Friday, July 5, 2013

Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream Review


I have not had the best luck with BB/CC Creams. I'm pretty fair and sometimes even the lightest foundations that companies offer is too dark for me. This is why I have been wary of BB creams because they tend to generalize the shades, i.e. Light/Medium. However, I received Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream from Influester, complimentary to try and review. I must say that it does work pretty well. It is a tinted moisturizer, though, so if you are looking for heavier coverage you might want to use powder after or try another product. It hydrates for 24 hours and simplifies your every day routine!

When I received the product, I opened it to smell and test on my inner arm for shade match. It actually didn't smell too bad, though others have mentioned that it smells strongly of sunscreen. It is SPF 15 which is nice, especially in the summer sun! It blended well so I was ready to give it a shot with my daily routine.

Here is the before picture, with no makeup (be warned, it isn't pretty!)

After applying the BB cream, I noticed that it blended well but my skin was more shiny than expected. I prefer a more matte coverage but it wasn't horrible. Here is the picture of me with just the BB Cream:

As you can see, it lessened the redness under my eyes and covered up the scratch on my cheek (thanks a bunch, son!) Even with my normal foundation, I always apply a powder to have a more matte look. Here is my finished "face" for the day with the whole shebang:


Looks pretty good, right? Now for the deets:

Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream comes in two shades - Fair to Light and Light to Medium. It's pretty reasonably priced and you can get it on sale at Amazon.com now for $10.51, directly through Olay or at your local drugstore. Check them out on Twitter @OlayFreshEffects and follow the hashtag #nofilter. Check it out today!

No comments:

Post a Comment