Thursday, March 21, 2013

Childhood Memories & Disney




If you have a princess-loving daughter like I do, you probably were excited to be able to take her to the movie theater this fall and watch The Little Mermaid just like when you were a kid. However, I just found out that this isn't happening because they are more concerned about the losses than the memories made. Here is a letter I wrote to Disney (if it even gets there) and I urge you to e-mail support@disneyonline.com too and get The Little Mermaid back in our theaters!!


When I was growing up in the 80's, I was in love with Beauty & The Beast and Little Mermaid and the joy of those movies has lived on. Now that I have a 4 year old daughter, I've passed down the love of imagination. When I found out that Disney was re-releasing the movies of my childhood in theaters, I was so excited because I could share these memories and wonderful movies with my daughter. We were first in line when Beauty & The Beast was re-released and she loved it. Ever since then, we've been talking about going to see The Little Mermaid together and we were so excited when we found out that it was going to be in theaters this fall. Imagine her disappointment that she doesn't get to share in this special mom-daughter time together at the movie theater because Disney is more concerned about cost due to 3-D. Here is my message: WE DON'T CARE ABOUT 3-D!! It's cool and everything, but I would take my daughter for the 2-d version, if only to spend quality time with my daughter and create new memories. While it's always been known that Disney can turn a profit, in this instance it shouldn't matter. Moms my age who grew up with these wonderful movies are now able to share them with their kids and watching it at home just isn't the same. Please reconsider and release The Little Mermaid as planned in September!

No comments:

Post a Comment